Responsibility and Sustainability
As an employee-owned company we continuously strive to support the communities in which we serve. As such, corporate responsibility is a core pillar of our company ethos and we continuously help to fundraise, support and progress charitable and voluntary initiatives.
2018/19 Charity - Mind
Childbase Partnership is delighted to be supporting Mind, with a year-long fundraising and awareness campaign.
We are supporting Mind, the leading mental health charity in England and Wales, in their campaign to improve services, raise awareness, promote understanding and support anyone who is stressed, depressed or in crisis.
Mind believes that no one should face a mental health problem alone and has around 135 local branches offering specialised services, support, and advice at the end of a telephone or online.
By supporting Mind, we are helping them in their mission to get support and respect for everyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem in any one year - about 14 million people in the UK.
- Suicide claims the lives of 17 people, on average, each day in the UK.
- Mental health problems cost the economy in England an estimated £105 billion a year.
- Depression is now the leading cause of ill health and disability worldwide.
- Prescriptions for anti-depressants in England reached £64.7M in 2016.
- Mental health problems account for 25% of all health problems – only 13% of NHS budget is spent on mental health services.
- Mind Helplines answered almost 100,000 queries in 2017-18.
- Information on Mind website accessed 11.9 m times in 2018